NHS Consultation – Phase One
In 2016, it was established that while the NHS in Oxfordshire performs well, it will face a number of challenges over the coming years. Changes to people’s health and the growth in population is putting more pressure on current local health provision.
The Oxfordshire Transformation Programme has been established to address these challenges. The programme looks to identify and make provisions for the health needs of the county’s population for decades to come.
In order to make any changes, the Oxfordshire Clinical Commissioning Group (OCCG) is required to consult members of the public. The OCCG has decided that there will be two phases to the consultation. Phase One of the consultation will run for 12 weeks, from Monday 16 January. The first phase will include:
- Changes to hospital beds
- Non-emergency, planned care and diagnostics at the Horton General Hospital
- Acute stroke services in Oxfordshire
- Critical care (life threatening or serious injuries and illnesses) at the Horton
- Maternity services, including obstetrics, the Special Care Baby Unit (SCBU) and emergency gynaecology in North Oxfordshire
Phase Two of the consultation, which will cover A&Es, children’s services, and community hospitals, is expected to begin in May.
Consultation documents are available for download by clicking here.
If you would like to:
- receive a paper copy of the consultation document or survey
- or have any other queries
Please call 01865 334638 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the consultation, members of the public will be encouraged to attend public meetings and complete surveys about their views on the future of NHS health services in Oxfordshire.
Upcoming public consultation meetings:
- 16 March 2017 – St Mary’s Church, Banbury
- 21 March 2017 – Brackley Town Football Club
To apply for your free ticket to a meeting, email email@example.com, with your preferred event, full name, and contact number.
If you are unable to attend a public meeting, you can register to submit your views online at www.consult.oxfordshireccg.nhs.uk/consult.ti/system/register or www.consult.oxfordshireccg.nhs.uk/consult.ti/BigconsultationPhase1/messagelistthreads.