EU REFERENDUM EVENTS
A referendum to decide whether the UK should leave or remain in the European Union will be held on Thursday, 23 June 2016. Voters will be asked the question “Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?” You must be registered to vote in order to participate in the referendum.
Below is a list of public meetings and debates which will be held in North Oxfordshire and the surrounding area ahead of the EU referendum:
- Wednesday 1 June – Sulgrave Manor. Debate with audience, with speakers on behalf of both campaigns. Sulgrave Manor, Sulgrave, Banbury, OX17 2SD. Tickets by application, costing £5 each. Please email email@example.com or call 07787 187250.
- Thursday 2 June – Daventry. Public meeting and debate, with speakers on behalf of both campaigns. Icon Innovation Centre, Daventry, NN11 0QB. Event starts at 7pm. No entry charge, but please register here.
- Saturday 4 June – Banbury Charter Market. Anneliese Dodds MEP (Labour remain campaign) will be answering questions on the EU. Banbury Market Place. 2pm – 4pm.
- Monday 6 June – Sibford Gower. Public meeting and debate, with speakers on behalf of both campaigns. Sibford Village Hall, Acre Ditch, Sibford Gower, OX15 5RW. Doors open at 6.30pm, event starts at 7pm. No entry charge.
- Thursday 16 June – Tysoe. Public meeting and debate, with speakers on behalf of both campaigns. Tysoe Village Hall, Tysoe, CV35 0SE. Event starts at 7.30pm. No entry charge.
- Friday 17 June – Wantage. Public debate, with speakers on behalf of both campaigns. The Beacon, Portway, Wantage, OX12 9BX. Event starts at 7pm. No entry charge.
- Further events to be added.
Please let my constituency office know if your community is holding an event by calling 01869 233 685.
You can find out more about the campaigns by visiting their websites: